Langsung ke konten utama

Book Lovers - Download A Free Blogger Template And Kickstart A Year Of Classic Literature

Demo | Download
For the past few months I've been working on a literary side-project: Harvard Classics 365, through which I'm producing eBooks and a daily updated blog of classic literature for daily reading throughout 2014.

I realise that readers may find posts about literature a little "off topic".  To appeal to all +Blogger  users, I've created a free template for everyone to enjoy, and would appreciate any support from those who are interested to help launch my literary project on Kickstarter.

Download your Free "Bookish" Blogger Template

Bookish is a fully customisable Blogger template with a classic, timeless design. Ideal for curators of book blogs, it can be transformed for any purpose and includes many useful template features:
  • Fully customizable layout options
  • Change all fonts, backgrounds and colours to suit
  • Dedicated "Homepage" section to include any content you like on your blog's main page
  • Uses Google web fonts
  • Simple enough to use "straight out of the box"!
Please take a look at the Bookish Blogger Template demo site to see the design in action. 

This template is completely free for you to download, share and use for any purpose. Providing a link back to this page is not required, though of course I would truly appreciate it!

You can download the template as a Zip file here, which includes the XML template and full instructions for installation.

Kickstart a Year of Classic Literature

As I mentioned earlier, I'm currently working on the Harvard Classics 365 project and have created a Kickstarter campaign to help launch the eBooks and website for 2014.

The project aims to promote "A Liberal Education in a Year" by collecting all of the literature suggested by Eliot's "15 minutes a day" reading guide for the original 52 volume Harvard Classics anthology. 

I've created a 20 day sampler (which includes over 200 pages of reading material!) for anyone to enjoy and learn more about what this project entails. Feel free to download, share and enjoy this sampler by clicking on the image below:




By pledging as little as £1, you will receive an advance copy of the eBook and help support a year of classic literature for everyone to enjoy. I hope to raise just £250 to secure the launch of the eBooks and website for everyone to use in 2014, and would truly appreciate any support offered by readers to help make this project happen.


Comments? Suggestions?

I understand this post is a little different my usual Blogger tutorials and content, but can assure you that normal service will resume shortly!

If you have any suggestions for future tutorials, resources or templates you would like me to write for , please feel free to let me know in the comments section below or via the + page. In the meantime, I hope you will enjoy using the Bookish Blogger template, and welcome any support for my literary project.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Google Blogger For Dummies To Be Released In February!

If you're familiar with the "Dummies" series of books, you'll understand how helpful and insightful these textbooks can be in dealing with any subject. That being said, I'm happy to announce that Google Blogger for Dummies is due to hit bookshops on February 3rd. It's available to pre-order now from Amazon.com  (priced at $16.49) and will be available in Barnes and Noble, Waterstones and other bookshops, and also directly from Wiley. The author, Susan Gunelius, has been kind enough to send me a 60 page preview of this book, complete with a full and detailed table of contents and two sample chapters for my preliminary review. Also, when the book is released early next month, Susan has graciously offered me a copy of the book so that I can review it in it's entirety and offer readers my insights. What Google Blogger for Dummies will cover Being a "Dummies" guide, Google Blogger for Dummies will cover both the basics of using Blogger (crea...

Introducing Gadgetsforblogger.Com - A Searchable Directory Of Gadgets For Blogger

Gadget directory , I've been keeping track of new submissions and developing several gadgets of my own . While Blogger's directory is searchable, I realised that many bloggers would find descriptive reviews, screenshots, developer details and installation instructions a useful addition to the brief descriptions offered in the directory listings. So I decided to create Gadgets for Blogger - a searchable directory of gadgets which have been developed specifically for the Blogger platform. Each gadget listed in this directory features: The gadget title A full description of the gadget Screenshot of the gadget in action Details of ads included in the gadget (where applicable) Contact/website details of the gadget developer (where possible)  Quick install link, to add the gadget to your blog without having to navigate to your Blogger dashboard and through various menus to locate the installation link. All gadgets listed on Gadgets for Blogger have been tested first, t...

16 Useful Twitter Tools For Blogger

Since it's launch back in 2006, Twitter has become a leading pioneer in the world of social media. Bloggers in particular find this service an invaluable tool for syndication, news stories and community conversation. For this post, I have rounded up 16 of the most useful tools, tips and free resources to help you get the most out of Twitter through your Blogger powered blog. Display your Latest Tweets Visitors to your blog may also enjoy reading your Tweets, particularly if they are of relevance to your blog's niche subject. Here is a selection of the best tools for displaying Twitter updates in your Blogger layout: The Official Twitter Badges Twitter provides an animated "Profile" badge which you can use to display your latest updates as a widget in your blog layout: You can configure the size, colours and number of updates for your badge in the settings, then grab the code which can be pasted in an HTML/JavaScript widget in your Blogger layout page. Ano...