Langsung ke konten utama

Updating My Template To Use Blogger's New Features

As many of you may have noticed, I've not been actively using Blogger for some time due to illness and maternity leave. So many updates have happened in my absence and until now I have barely had time to update my own sites.

Looking through all of Blogger's recent updates and settings, I've realized there are lots of tweaks I need to perform to update this site. Since I haven't already written about most of these Blogger customizations, I'll be documenting my progress for anyone else wishing to update their sites to use Blogger's new features over the next few days.
Here is a list of my updates so far (which will be updated periodically as the posts are published). As I document my progress, I'll link these up to their relevant posts:
Note: As yet, I've chosen not to upgrade my whole template to the new interface. While I do plan to do this in the future, I know that converting from one template style to another and retaining the visual features will be a very time consuming process, and prefer instead to concentrate on the more pressing requirements and updating this site with new posts!

Thank you to all who have continued to support in my absence!

Now that I have more time to devote to blogging, I hope to revitalize this site and continue to provide you all with useful information and resources to complement your Blogger hosted sites.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Google Blogger For Dummies To Be Released In February!

If you're familiar with the "Dummies" series of books, you'll understand how helpful and insightful these textbooks can be in dealing with any subject. That being said, I'm happy to announce that Google Blogger for Dummies is due to hit bookshops on February 3rd. It's available to pre-order now from Amazon.com  (priced at $16.49) and will be available in Barnes and Noble, Waterstones and other bookshops, and also directly from Wiley. The author, Susan Gunelius, has been kind enough to send me a 60 page preview of this book, complete with a full and detailed table of contents and two sample chapters for my preliminary review. Also, when the book is released early next month, Susan has graciously offered me a copy of the book so that I can review it in it's entirety and offer readers my insights. What Google Blogger for Dummies will cover Being a "Dummies" guide, Google Blogger for Dummies will cover both the basics of using Blogger (crea...

Introducing Gadgetsforblogger.Com - A Searchable Directory Of Gadgets For Blogger

Gadget directory , I've been keeping track of new submissions and developing several gadgets of my own . While Blogger's directory is searchable, I realised that many bloggers would find descriptive reviews, screenshots, developer details and installation instructions a useful addition to the brief descriptions offered in the directory listings. So I decided to create Gadgets for Blogger - a searchable directory of gadgets which have been developed specifically for the Blogger platform. Each gadget listed in this directory features: The gadget title A full description of the gadget Screenshot of the gadget in action Details of ads included in the gadget (where applicable) Contact/website details of the gadget developer (where possible)  Quick install link, to add the gadget to your blog without having to navigate to your Blogger dashboard and through various menus to locate the installation link. All gadgets listed on Gadgets for Blogger have been tested first, t...

16 Useful Twitter Tools For Blogger

Since it's launch back in 2006, Twitter has become a leading pioneer in the world of social media. Bloggers in particular find this service an invaluable tool for syndication, news stories and community conversation. For this post, I have rounded up 16 of the most useful tools, tips and free resources to help you get the most out of Twitter through your Blogger powered blog. Display your Latest Tweets Visitors to your blog may also enjoy reading your Tweets, particularly if they are of relevance to your blog's niche subject. Here is a selection of the best tools for displaying Twitter updates in your Blogger layout: The Official Twitter Badges Twitter provides an animated "Profile" badge which you can use to display your latest updates as a widget in your blog layout: You can configure the size, colours and number of updates for your badge in the settings, then grab the code which can be pasted in an HTML/JavaScript widget in your Blogger layout page. Ano...